Summer Daze

Saturday, August 11, 2012





Deer! We have a lot of those here...



Here is the lovely Christina! My partner in crime on our photoshoots! Check out her blog Milkandthecookiemonster

Denim Button Down - eBay (Similar), Dress - F21 (Similar)  Boots - eBay (Doc Martens), Bag - London (Similar) Rings/Bracelets - Forever 21, Marshall's, etc.


¡Hóla! Even though it's extremely late, I really wanted to post about my day today (even though it's technically tomorrow by now, but whatever...). It was raining absolute buckets today and I thought I was going to stay indoors, but somehow, despite the tornado warning, the sun came out. So me and Christina went to the mall--again, which was part of the inspiration behind this outfit. The outfit kind of came out of necessity and comfort, and the casual, not too dressy look one wants when frolicking through the mall. I wanted to wear a dress for some reason so I went with this red one and I knew it would work with my canvas shoulder bag. I absolutely love this bag, my padre got it for me from the UK, I wish I could have picked out my souvenir (or several, hello: creepers! Limited edition docs anyone?) but he did a pretty good job without me standing over his shoulder :] I knew the ground would be wet so I had a proper excuse to wear boots with a dress! And the denim shirt makes the dress a little more casual looking and less risque. This is one of my favorite types of ways to style a dress in a casual way and I have worn a dress in this manner on occasion at college. I will, however, be the first to admit, I did not have the time of my life in this body-con dress. But I was loving how waterproof my docs were! I am really in love with these shoes, if you couldn't already tell. The mall had a less than satisfactory selection this time (even Forever21, hard to believe, I know!), but the H&M men's section once again did not disappoint :] Today was awesome, I got a good walk and I love hanging with my bestie it was well needed! I may do a summer haul post, stick around for that! What is your favorite summer fashion memory? How do you work your dresses through the summer? Comment below and let me know! Kelly out! :]

58 comments:

  1. Really very nice pictures!
    All the best,

    Jana & Vanessa from charming Berlin ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pictures, they're awesome! I love taking photos in the outdoors. ;)
    I'm following you now. :D If you want, you can find me on: http://the-wandering-heart.blogspot.com
    Lots of love! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore these photos!! The outfit looks great! :)

    p.s. Feel free to check out my fashion blog,
    if you have time! :)

    Much love,
    The Cabinet Of Fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg I love your style!! I add you to my fav list <3 you're gorgeous!

    http://lovemyselfinblack.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Pics!!! Amazing outfit!!!!!

    http://estilohedonico.blogspot.pt/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute outfit :) I love the colors~ the creepers are awesome!

    Joyce @ carouselstreet.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blog post and pictures <3 x

    http://lolitasfashionideas.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. i like how in the top photo the red and soft blue contrast the sharp blackness of the boulder

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eres preciosa!!victoriousdragonfly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look amazing; Loving the boots.


    Great blog; I'm your new follower. <3

    STAY AWESOME
    Lots of love, Pauline
    www.xpeachie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey hun, thanks so much for the comment on my blog and for following :)
    I am of course following you back! Love the blog :) xx

    www.thesequincinderella.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great photos! Great dress!!

    Would you like to follow each other?

    Evi xoxo

    The Notebook of a Fashion Lover

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute outfit! I love the spike ring, I want one!

    Thank you for your lovely comment, remember to keep checking back for new shop items to be coming in! I've got lots lined up for sale but I'm finding it hard to part with them because I like everything so much! haha. Anyway, I would be happy to follow you, I hope you enjoyed reading my blog and decide to follow me to keep up-to-date with everything :)

    Hope you are well,

    E-L xo

    www.emma-louwagstaff.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog! I replied :)

    Cute blog, by the way. I think I'll follow you on Bloglovin'!

    -Jenn
    chīsana blogger

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantático!!! ADORO!

    http://estilohedonico.blogspot.pt/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. great outfit! :)

    www.justynaludwiczak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful ladies! Love your style!

    -Entice
    http://beefelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have really great blog, I love your style. Good job !
    -follow each other ?
    http://nikonandfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a cute outfit and lovely photos!
    -Charlotte
    http://www.incharlottesshoes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely outfit :) i love the rings!

    Follow me at: http://blonde-frosting.blogspot.com/
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. lovely lady in gorgeous dress,,. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the spike cuff! =)

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love both outfits.The photos are awesome. The deer is so cute!!!
    xo


    glamDevils

    ReplyDelete
  24. super love your outfit and blog! thank you for the support! and i really wanna see a real wild deer too!!

    www.anisacrament.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful pics.*_*
    Would you like to follow each other on BLOGLOVIN and GFC???
    My Blog


    ReplyDelete
  26. I love that dress you have on! I am your newest follower, hope you follow me back soon :)

    http://bronsonbloopers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. You look great. I love your bracelet & the deer lol.

    have a nice weekend,,

    www.lavieandmode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. love these pictures! that deer is so cute :D

    http://paintedheels.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Girl, you are amazing.I love this blog, its great, and as I see you are to.Photos, are awesome.This blog is soo lovely <33
    If you want we can follow each other, and If not I wolud be very happy if you even visit my blog, cutie.
    Kissses, Marta.

    ReplyDelete
  30. wow i totally adore your blog, love the jewelry pieces in every post, will follow you!
    xoxo from www.infashionspired.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you so much for the follow on bloglovin and gfc.<3<3<3
    Follow you back on both.;-)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Amazing photos! I like your blog, followed you on bloglovin!

    http://mesmemosphotoblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. It's so stylish!
    Would you like to follow each other?I would be happy to see you among my followers!
    Let me know please!
    kisses)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Kelly! How are you today? :D
    You looks so pretty in those red mini dress. And the photo shoot is awesome! Very cool and looks so pro! Your friend also looks super pretty! <3 Both of you have great style. ;)

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. The Doc Martins are the s#!t!!

    Alex,
    sirenchic2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Very pretty pictures!!

    www.fashioncontainer.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. love Ypur shoes - nice pics


    www.classicorcool.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Fallowing you now on GFC, FC and Bloglovin.
    I hope you'll do the same)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Really nice post!! The red dress is perfect! A big kiss from Spain!!
    http://buscandoformaalasnubes.blogspot.com.es/
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Buscando-Forma-a-las-Nubes/491880127495464

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thank you for your nice comment, and for the follow :) you are really nice, girl. :) follow you too :**

    ReplyDelete
  41. too amazing! love it :)

    xx

    natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love your blog and amazing outfits
    Following you,please follow back to keep in touch through comments

    ReplyDelete
  43. thanks for the comment on my blog, you have a new follower here :)

    http://paintedheels.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  44. thank you :)!
    if you want we can follow each other :)?

    ReplyDelete
  45. Gorgeous photos!

    http://mademoiselleconomist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hey, loved your blog so much that I nominated you for a Liebster award! Come check it out :
    Material Fixations

    ReplyDelete